Team Mudlife Crisis

Come on in, and let's talk about taking on life as a middle-aged person who doesn't want to stop living! Obstacle course racing, diet, movement and exercise, and more are all fair game here!
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Compression Clothing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:27 am 

Hello All,

I am looking for others thoughts and opinions on compression clothing. I just recently purchased a Under Armour Heat gear long sleeve compression shirt to try out. My initial thoughts for trying my first race would be no shirt and compression shorts. I have since had a change of mind. After reading some of the apparent benefits of compression wear i.e. muscle fatigue/strain prevention and better blood flow, I like the idea of a long sleeve shirt and tights. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

TheGingerback

Post subject: Re: Compression Clothing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

TheGingerBack wrote:
Hello All,

I am looking for others thoughts and opinions on compression clothing. I just recently purchased a Under Armour Heat gear long sleeve compression shirt to try out. My initial thoughts for trying my first race would be no shirt and compression shorts. I have since had a change of mind. After reading some of the apparent benefits of compression wear i.e. muscle fatigue/strain prevention and better blood flow, I like the idea of a long sleeve shirt and tights. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

TheGingerback

Hey Johnny,

The tights, I don't know about. I suppose it depends on where you've had problems with cramping/tightness in the past. For me, it's just the calves, so I doubt that I'd do full tights in a race (keep in mind most of my racing is spring/summer so it's warmer for me). Full tights just sound like another place to get wet, add weight to your runs, and mud to cake on.

On the other hand, a product that I'm keen to try out are the arm and leg guards from Obstacle Guard - they're sleeves for your arms and legs with padding at the elbows, knees, and shins.

I'm more interested in doing compression wear for the ride home. After one of last year's races I cramped up BIG TIME and it seems that wearing the stuff on the way home might alleviate that.

"When you’re committed to a long-term strategy, every step forward is part of a process and as such feels like instant gratification." - Erwan Le Corre

Post subject: Re: Compression Clothing
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:00 am 

Interesting share on Compression Clothing. It is perfect when you want to look thin and fit. I have just purchased Carbon38 mesh cut out leggings and compression yoga pants. These are very comfortable and look super trendy at very same time.